Caprese salad is one of my favorite summer salads. I had made some pesto during the week so I thought I should make a twist on the summer salad and made a caprese casserole. It was super easy and yummy. Here’s what I did…
What you’ll need:
– Whole wheat pasta
– 1 Can of tomatoes
– Approx. 1 cup of Pesto
– Shredded Mozzarella
– Pre-cooked shredded chicken
What to do…
– Cook your noodles about half way through. I don’t like when casseroles turn to mush because the noodles got overcooked, so I always only cook my noodles or rice half way through.
– Mix your noodles in a bow with the pesto, chicken, tomatoes, and a handful of the mozzarella cheese.
– Dump that mixture into a glass baking dish.
– Top with the rest of your cheese.
– Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes with tin foil on, then for another 10 minutes with it off.